"Knowing the truth is waiting in the dark
You're trying to hide the scars from the world's mark
On your knees asking once again
Oh He's looking down ready to come in"
*Disciple*
There are days when the darkness takes over my thoughts
Days where I can't find myself; my mind seems lost
Days when the world's threats cuts at my veins
And lead me to times of regrets, misery, and shame
But I find myself abiding in him, my heart beats to his commands
Insecurities are set aside and I grasp onto his hands
There are days when these tears flood my eyes
and my pupils dilate and drown in my sorrows
but he takes me in, and stretch forth his hands
he holds me until a new morrow
I find myself abiding in him, my heart beats to his commands
Insecurities are set aside and I grasp onto his hands
The world may put me down, but I replenish myself from his love
My flesh feels dirty and drenched in sin, he makes my heart pure like a dove
He reveals the beauty of me, only he can see the pain
He can hear my silent prayers, and when I call upon his name
Jesus is my refuge, he is the stronghold in my heart
Jesus guides each steady footstep, and sets the pace to my walks
Jesus fills the cup I drink from in his spirituality
Jesus is my only savior, he helps me back onto my feet
I find myself abiding in him, my heart beats to his commands
Insecurities are set aside as I grasp onto his hands
Brewster, Nefeteria
*Copyright 2009*
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment