
As I am typing I hear a light knock at my window, I glance to see who or what the noise may be…the soft knocks of rain.
Something is different about the rain today. As the morning began the sky light up in this unique shade of pink and through the trees and over the peak refracting off of each building on campus was the sun. It was like the weather had manipulated my emotions, all was subtle inside.
By noon the sun had faded away and the wind was blowing rapidly. I embraced it as it blew through my hair, and played with the end of my skirt. I was enjoying this mysterious breeze; however, my walk came to an end as I approached the doors to the building.
By evening the clouds began to settle, and as I took a deep breath I could smell the likeliness of showers. It was still warm outside and the weather, at least to me, was still relaxing.
It’s 4:42pm and the rain is tapping at my window. As I sat and listened to its beating I began to reminiscence on my week. As I reflected I realized how similar to the weather my week had been. I was subtle at the beginning of the week, however by the middle of the week things began to get cloudy, and now rain is falling rapidly, but I find comfort within the rain.
The rain is a symbolization of God. He is lightly tapping at my window; through this he has gained my undivided attention. In this rain I find my comfort, in this rain I find my peace, in this rain I am able to whisper to my sovereign, and I am able to take heed to the words that he speaks. In this rain is where I’ve laid my burdens, and fill my heart with things so meek. In this rain I wash away the flesh, I lay them at his feet.
I’m feeling so new inside, God has lifted a major strain that has been hiding inside of me, weighing so heavy on my mind. Everything that I’ve been seeking has revealed itself, and I no longer have to find.
I’ve made so many sacrifices, putting aside time, family, finances, and even getting myself into danger, and yet it was perceived as if I was working for the blind; but God has plucked them out and replaced them with the light in which he shines.
As the rain falls I can only smile, words can’t explain his mysterious miracles, hand in hand I’ll abode within him, he is my lover, my best friend, my guardian angel.
God continue to grant in me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference. ♥ Neph
Something is different about the rain today. As the morning began the sky light up in this unique shade of pink and through the trees and over the peak refracting off of each building on campus was the sun. It was like the weather had manipulated my emotions, all was subtle inside.
By noon the sun had faded away and the wind was blowing rapidly. I embraced it as it blew through my hair, and played with the end of my skirt. I was enjoying this mysterious breeze; however, my walk came to an end as I approached the doors to the building.
By evening the clouds began to settle, and as I took a deep breath I could smell the likeliness of showers. It was still warm outside and the weather, at least to me, was still relaxing.
It’s 4:42pm and the rain is tapping at my window. As I sat and listened to its beating I began to reminiscence on my week. As I reflected I realized how similar to the weather my week had been. I was subtle at the beginning of the week, however by the middle of the week things began to get cloudy, and now rain is falling rapidly, but I find comfort within the rain.
The rain is a symbolization of God. He is lightly tapping at my window; through this he has gained my undivided attention. In this rain I find my comfort, in this rain I find my peace, in this rain I am able to whisper to my sovereign, and I am able to take heed to the words that he speaks. In this rain is where I’ve laid my burdens, and fill my heart with things so meek. In this rain I wash away the flesh, I lay them at his feet.
I’m feeling so new inside, God has lifted a major strain that has been hiding inside of me, weighing so heavy on my mind. Everything that I’ve been seeking has revealed itself, and I no longer have to find.
I’ve made so many sacrifices, putting aside time, family, finances, and even getting myself into danger, and yet it was perceived as if I was working for the blind; but God has plucked them out and replaced them with the light in which he shines.
As the rain falls I can only smile, words can’t explain his mysterious miracles, hand in hand I’ll abode within him, he is my lover, my best friend, my guardian angel.
God continue to grant in me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference. ♥ Neph


No comments:
Post a Comment